A variety of Halloween-related activities are planned in Seaside Heights, Lavallette and Brick Township this weekend.
Lavallette’s annual “Halloween Hoedown” will be held from 3-9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27: “An afternoon and evening of fun for all! We encourage parents to participate along with their children,” an announcement said. The event includes:
- 2:15-3 p.m.: YOSI “Spooky / Silly” Halloween Party
- 3:15 p.m.: Hayrides from School to Firehouse / First Aid
- 3:30 p.m.: Pony Rides 4:30 Refreshments @ the First Aid
- 5-6:15 p.m.: Magic Show – First Aid
- 6:30 p.m.: Bonfire and “Spooky Halloween Stories” Washington Ave Bay Beach
- 6:30 p.m.: Family Pumpkin Carving Contest – Bring your carved pumpkin to the contest.
Another event Friday, Oct. 27 is located at a popular Seaside Heights boardwalk business, Lucky Leo’s Arcade, which will feature a “Halloween Family Friday” event from 5-8 p.m. The event will include game discounts, a pizza party at 7 p.m., sweepstakes and prizes, plus a meet-and-greet with the “Halloween Mice” from 6-8 p.m. “Party perks” are $20, according to the arcade’s website.
Lucky Leo’s will feature another event the following day, Saturday, Oct. 28, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The “Villains Open Party” will include pumpkin decorating, a costume contest, pizza, gift cards, an iPad giveaway, plus meeting the “Villains” of animated series.
Also on Saturday, Oct. 28, Casino Arcade (located near Casino Pier) will invite kids to wear their costumes and trick-or-treat around the Casino Pier property. The day consists of:
- 1 p.m.: Enjoy a spooky and fun Halloween Kids Magic Show by Steve Woyce
- 2 p.m.: Sing and dance along with our Halloween Kids Concert with Yosi
- 1-3 p.m.: Meet and Greet with Jack & Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas!
The event is free and is based in the Arcade building (shows near the Pier Grill).
For those looking for a different type of experience, neighboring Brick Township is holding its annual Fall Fest event along the Metedeconk River at Windward Beach Park Saturday, Oct. 28. The event will feature more than a dozen food trucks, games, inflatable rides, a corn hole tournament, fire pits on the beach and a fireworks display at dusk. The Brick event runs from 1-7 p.m. at Windward Beach Park, Challenger Way, off Princeton Avenue. The fireworks are also viewable by boat. More information is available on the township’s website.