Connect with us

Police, Fire & Courts

Seaside Park Police Blotter: Suspicious Car Entry, Sawmill Bill Skip-Out, Hit-and-Run Solved

A Seaside Park police vehicle. (Photo: Daniel Nee)

A Seaside Park police vehicle. (Photo: Daniel Nee)

Seaside Park Police have released their weekly blotter, with a sampling of calls to which the department responded over the last several days. The total number of calls for service this week was 313, police said.

The blotter appears below:


Get Daily Island News Updates
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

Traffic Violation – While on patrol, officers observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed and initiated a motor vehicle stop. The offender took an extended period of time before stopping and failed to yield to the officers emergency lights in a timely manner. The subject finally stopped, and the officers explained the violations. After further investigation it was determined that the driver did not have a drivers license. The subject was issued traffic summonses for speeding, failing to yield to an emergency vehicle, and being an unlicensed driver.


Vehicle Burglary – Police responded to the area of 10th and Barnegat avenues for a report of a male entering a vehicle that did not belong to him. Officers responded and talked to the caller, who stated they saw a male with his face covered walking fast and get into an unlocked vehicle and began to look around the interior. The male exited and got into the passenger side of a white pickup truck that sped away before police arrived. The owner of the vehicle checked their vehicle and did not see any damage nor was anything missing. The area was checked, and the vehicle or actors were not able to be located.


Arrest – While on patrol in the area of Municipal Lot 2, officers were flagged down for a male and female actively arguing. Police broke up the argument and separated the parties and spoke to the individuals involved to see what transpired. After further investigation it was determined that the male struck the female in the face during their argument. The male was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters where he was processed and charged with simple assault.

First Aid – Police and Tri-Boro First Aid Squad responded to help a victim who had fallen off their bicycle and had a complaint of head pain. Officers and EMS arrived and began to assess the victim at the scene. They were later transported to Community Medical Center for further treatment.

Theft – Police responded to the Sawmill for two patrons who left without paying their bill. One of the employees and security followed them out into the parking lot to confront them about skipping out on their bill. Officers arrived and separated the individuals involved, and spoke to them about what occurred. After further investigation it was determined that the two patrons did not pay their bill. The management permitted them to pay their bill and be on their way instead of being charged. The subjects paid their outstanding tab and left without incident.


Community Policing – Police were dispatched to the area of M St. and Central Avenue to assist a motorist who had gotten lost finding their way back to their residence. Police spoke to the subject and had her follow the officer to her destination without incident.


Hit and Run – Police responded to the area of Porter Ave. and Central Ave. for a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident. Police arrived and spoke to the victim who stated he was rear ended by a vehicle at Porter and Central and then took off. The victim was able to provide police with the defendant’s license plate. Police were able to confirm that was the correct vehicle involved and the driver was issued summonses for leaving the scene, failing to report an accident, and not maintaining their lane.


Overdose – Police and Tr-Boro First Aid Squad responded to the area of Stockton and Central Ave. for a male who was overdosing. Police arrived spoke to the resident who stated she noticed her friend had been overdosing and she administered Narcan that she had in the home which began to revive the victim. The male was still having trouble responding and was still not clear of the narcotics. He was transported to Community Medical Center for treatment.

Click to comment