Monday’s sunset on Barnegat Bay was one of the clearest so far this year, with an unrestricted view of the sun setting behind the bay’s western shore giving way to chillier temperatures at nightfall.
According to the National Weather Service, temperatures this week will remain somewhat mild for January, albeit under increasingly cloudy skies with rain mixing in as the week goes forward. The NWS forecast appears below. Our video capturing Monday night’s sunset appears above.
- Tuesday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 43. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Wednesday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 44. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday: A slight chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night: Rain, mainly after 1am. Low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday: Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%.