New Jersey transportation officials announced a list of approved roadway improvement projects on Tuesday, with the funding being provided for the next calendar year.
Several island roads are included in the list and will be repaved (from north to south):
- Point Pleasant Beach: Improvements to Central Avenue, $218,000.
- Bay Head: Reconstruction of Bayberry Ln, Egbert St and half of Club Dr, $130,000.
- Lavallette: New York Avenue road repaving, $225,000.
- Seaside Heights: Carteret Avenue and Hancock Avenue Road improvements/repaving, $375,000.
- Seaside Park: Reconstruction of H Street, $282,000.
The funding is part of municipal aid packages in the amount of $161.25 million for fiscal year 2020 announced Tuesday.