Fans of recreational vehicles will have some extra room to park in Seaside Heights under a new system that provides 15 spaces per night to RV drivers.
Last year, the borough passed an ordinance governing RV parking in the borough, and the system created by officials is now ready to be utilized. Drivers of RVs can register online and rent a space for $75 per night ($37 per night for veterans and free for active duty military personnel). The RV parking spaces are located in the municipal parking lot at Bay Boulevard and Webster Avenue.
Officials have stressed that the parking program is not a camping program and can be utilized as a “travel convenience.” To that extent, several rules were adopted by the borough council to manage the parking:
- Check in shall be no earlier than 2:00 p.m. Check out shall be no later than 12:00 p.m.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted outside of the recreational vehicle.
- Attached awnings and canopies are permitted. Attached awnings and canopies shall be closed when the vehicle is unattended. No pop-up tents, gazebos or tarps may be utilized.
- The owner/lessee of the recreational vehicle must be at least 25 years of age and shall accompany the vehicle while it is utilizing the parking at the municipal lot.
- Occupants of recreational vehicles under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, other immediate family member, or legal guardian 25 years of age or older.
- Electric, water, sewer, cable service, laundry service, and WIFI are not provided. The vehicle must have a functioning onboard toilet with dirty water storage tank.
- No generators may be used, and no music or other noise may be created that can be heard from a distance of 20 feet or more from the source. Quiet hours 10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- No fires, campfires, or charcoal grills.
- No outdoor sleeping.
- No fireworks of any kind.
- No firearms are permitted, including but not limited to BB, Airsoft and pellet guns.
- No golf carts unless they are legal under New Jersey motor vehicle laws.
- Two pets are welcome but shall be kept on a leash or inside the vehicle. Recreational vehicle owners/lessees are cautioned that dogs and other pets are not permitted on the boardwalk and beach. This is enforced by code enforcement Officers and police officers.
- Trash and recyclable materials shall be discarded in designated trash and recycling cans.
- Operation of ATVs, LSVs, mopeds, hoverboards, skateboards, and battery-assisted bikes is not permitted in the parking lot.
- No leaking, discarding, or dumping of grease, dirty water or sewage shall be permitted.
- No clotheslines.
- Vehicle repairs are not permitted on site.
- There shall be a maximum of six people permitted per recreational vehicle.
- Three consecutive nights maximum. Three nights total per month. For example, you can park three non-consecutive nights per month or a single stay of three consecutive nights per month.
- Properly registered boats, personal watercraft and utility trailers are permitted in the designated perimeter parking area only while the recreational vehicle is parked.
The RV parking is open to motor homes, campervans, coaches, caravans, and fifth-wheel trailers with living quarters. Popups, tents and truck trailers are not permitted.